Specialists of the Apartment Maintenance field are required to perform several duties related to the cleaning, coloring, and other maintenance tasks for apartments
Property Maintenance Technician - Apartments
Are you, a seasoned maintenance technician looking for a long term stable position =where your skills in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliances, water irrigation, carpet, flooring, roofing, gutters, painting, preventative maintenance, inventory, basic math, heavy lifting, organization, decision making, and leadership ability will be utilized?
As The Property Maintenance Technician, You Will
- •Complete full cycle apartment make-ready's and walk the unit before people move in or out to get an idea of the conditions of the unit so you can start scheduling the work that needs to be done, as well as ordering the materials needed to complete the work.
- • Diagnose, maintain, repair, install and/or outsource the following:
- • Electrical systems, indoor and outdoor up to 240 volts
- • Plumbing, water pumps and motors for hot water heaters, water irrigation systems, pools, spas, water lines, and circulating pumps.
- • HVAC evaporators and condensers.
- • Appliances, refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves, disposals, and vent hoods
- • Flooring, vinyl and carpet
- • Cabinets
- • Manage multiple apartment maintenance requests, within 24 hours when possible.
- • Schedule maintenance personnel in conjunction with Manager so that maintenance is available for emergency purposes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- • Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- • Ensure the condition of physical property is safe from, broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken / burned out exterior lights etc. If any unsafe conditions are found immediately correct the unsafe conditions.
- • Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in- progress, etc
- • Report all major repairs and requisitions to the apartment manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- • Change locks and make keys.
- • Remove and transfer heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vise versa) as circumstances warrant. Assist in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to dumpster when necessary.
- • Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- • Identify all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts and then update internal maps.
- • Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter.
The Apartment Maintenance Technician, Must
- • Experience in general maintenance in appliance repair, electrical systems, plumbing, flooring, painting, interior and exterior lighting, roofing, HVAC, cabinets etc. Possess the physical ability to operate: grinders, sanders, cutting torches, welding torches, drills, saws, striping machine, power washer, electrical meters, electrical gauges, Freon recovery systems, sink machine, sewer machines, shampoo machine, key machine, lifts for air conditioners, driveway sweeper, appliance dolly, full ladders, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests and painting rigs.
- • Speak and write English fluently
- • Be willing and able to commute daily
- • Be willing and able to handle after hour maintenance emergencies on the weekends and at night.